I have been on cloud nine for the last several weeks after I cleared my face. For the first time in 15 years I feel comfortable going out in public with zero makeup on. Ever since I was 16 I have had almost constant breakouts from stress, hormones, and just my own skin genetics. But I fixed it! The good news is that it is not some grand secret, super expensive cream or too much work. The solution all came down to good products used constantly. I promise, no product over $20 (unless you want the really big bottle!)
These were my 5 simple secrets to clear skin:
- Water. Water to shower and drinking water. Nothing outside the normal – but pretty sure taking a shower helps keep my skin clear. Drinking water to keep my skin hydrated and systems flushing out waste. I learned this the hard way – I got stuck in the hospital with 24/7 hydration by IV = beautiful glowing skin. Drink at least half a gallon of water a day… more if you can.
- Clean your face! Ugg, I am the worst at going to bed without cleaning my face. And keep your hands off your face full of all their germs. These wipes make both easy because I left them at my bedside: Zocuzap by Zocular.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion. This stuff disolves dead skin, gives you a fresh start and bright skin to work with. I’ve used this since high school and it works, it wreally helps.
- Ommm Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C. I first heard of Vitamin C serums through BeautiControl. I don’t fully understand the why, I just know it worked. I hate to give such an uniformed explanation, but it works. My understanding is that the Vitamin C helps to preserve the skin. A video below helps explain the anti aging benifits of the hyaluronic acid.
- Llano Transcend Moisturizer. I don’t know why this one specifically, I’ve used hundreds of moisturizers and love the way this one feels and doesn’t leave a film, grease or oil. It is packed with great ingredients.
Here is the thing, I feel like the secret was in the application. The products happen to be great, with wonderful ingredients. THe secret was I often did steps 2, 3 and 4 twice a day. I often used the Serum and Moisturizer as many as 4-5 times a day. Breastfeeding and aging has zapped the moisture and vitamins from my body…4 applications a day has cleared my face of acne and given it a brighter look. I don’t know if this would work on every face, but I am happy to be able to go out sans makeup. My husband and sister have both noticed and now that my daughter’s face has started breaking out, I feel confident I can help her too.
A video I found to help understand the Hyaluronic Acid Serum: